The NYC:HAV Innovation Forum
Presented by Innovadores and Grand Central Tech
Cuba remains mysterious yet inviting, just 90 miles from our shores. With great weather, a rich history, wonderful art and passionate politics, Cuba punches far above its weight on the world media stage. Now, as power passes from the last Castro to the first outsider, the balance is swinging from control to change. In fact, change is inevitable. So, where do the opportunities lie?
Join the Innovadores Foundation at Grand Central Tech in New York City to answer this question, and more.
February 27, 2017
Grand Central Tech
335 Madison Ave, New York, NY
Who Should Attend
This event is designed to be an engaging discussion on Cuba, for those with little experience in Cuba affairs to those who have studied the county at length.
Why GranD Central Tech
Besides its stature as an innovation hub and champion of entrepreneurship in the US startup community, Grand Central Tech has also been a longtime partner and supporter of Innovadores, providing both resources for our teams and a home for our Cuban internship program.
Half a Century of Cuba: A Brief History of Cuba, presented by John Caulfield, Chief of Mission at the US Interests Section in Havana from 2011 to 2014.
Cuba:Now: A panel discussion with the leading innovators and entrepreneurs from Cuba, focused on the present challenges and opportunities.
Futuro Cubano: An open conversation with John Caulfield and several other Cuban ambassadors to discuss the potential paths the country may take.
Cuban Music Hour: A cocktail hour with the panel participants, accompanied by authentic Cuban music and dancing.
Dinner: An exclusive dinner for donors and friends of Innovadores and Grand Central Tech.
We're offering a limited number of sponsorships for those interested in supporting the event. For our premium sponsors, we'll provide:
- High-profile advertising in all of our event materials for the first two NYC:HAV Innovation events
- A customized business trip to Havana, Cuba, focused on technology, design, and entrepreneurship
- A private dinner with the ambassadors and panel participants after the event at GCT
These are the types of sponsors we're currently looking for:
- Logistics Partner: Provide travel or lodging for event participants.
- Services Partner: Provide legal, tax and accounting services to Innovadores and our Cuban teams.
- Dining Sponsor: Cover the cocktail hour or private dinner after the event.
- Summer Internship Sponsor: Offset the travel and living expenses for a Cuban student to intern at Grand Central Tech in 2018.
- Intern Selection Dinner Sponsor: Sponsor the intern selection event in Havana as we choose between a dozen superb tech candidates.
Want to know more about the tiers, including rates and reward details?